Highmoon Naked Night Bike Ride
I just found out about this ride on Canada Night, here is the announcement:
Sunday Night, July 1st, 2012
Meet at the Trout Lake Picnic Shelter (S.E. corner)
at 11pm, Ride at 11:30pm
Velopalooza and Velo-City conclusion fun
- Full Moon is July 3rd so sky should be fairly bright
- Yes, it will be weather dependant, unfortunately. Stay tuned to this blog or velopalooza for details if it is rainy.
- Not a media event or a protest per se. We hope it will be a comfortable, fun, thrilling, summer night ride. So don't invite media. Don't take anyone's nude picture unless you explicitly get their permission, please.
- It's a "Midnight Ride" because we will be riding at midnight but we leave at 11:30pm
- It's been 10 years since the first midnight naked bike ride in Portland Oregon during Bikesummer 2002. That ride was started by visiting Vancouverites. The Portland annual tradition quickly grew to attract thousands.
- This will be a once in a lifetime magical night that with any luck may start an annual tradition. Be prepared to be starting a new legend ;)
|this was the flyer|